Published On: August 6ᵗʰ, 2019 02:09
Installation and Upgrade Guide for Cisco Secure Access Control System 5.4
Introducing the Cisco 1121 Secure Access Control System Hardware
This chapter gives an overview of the Cisco Secure Access Control System (CSACS-1121) hardware. It covers the appliance hardware, major components, controls, connectors, and front- and rear-panel LED indicators.
- CSACS-1121 Series Appliance Overview
- Product Serial Number Location
- Cisco Product Identification Tool
The CSACS-1121 Series appliance (see Figure 2-1) is contained in a standard shelf-rack enclosure. The appliance weighs from 24.25 lb (11.0 kg) to 28.0 lb (12.7 kg). It measures 1.75 inches high x 17.3 inches wide x 22.0 inches deep (44.5 mm x 440.0 mm x 559.0 mm). These dimensions do not include the rack handles.
The CSACS-1121 Series appliance is configured for AC-input power and has a single auto-ranging AC-input power supply, mounted in a standard 19-inch (48.3 cm), 4-post equipment rack (using the rack-mount brackets provided). The CSACS-1121 features include:
- Microprocessor—Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4-GHz processor with an 800-MHz front side bus (FSB) and 2 MB of Layer 2 cache.
- Four synchronous dynamic RAM (SDRAM) slots that are installed with 4 GB.
- Two 250-GB SATA hard drives installed.
- A fixed RJ-45 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T network interface connector (located on the rear panel).
- One slimline DVD-ROM drive (located on the front panel).
- One DB-9 serial (console) port (located on the rear panel).
- Front-to-rear airflow blowers using two 40-mm exhaust fans and ducting for the CPU and memory, two 40-mm exhaust fans built into the power supply, and one PCI exhaust fan.
- Expansion slot support—One PCI-X (located on the rear panel).
- Four USB 2.0 ports (two located on the rear panel, two on the front panel).
- One PS/2 keyboard port (located on the rear panel).
- One PS/2 mouse port (located on the rear panel).
- One PS/2 video monitor port (located on the rear panel).
- One DB-15 serial (video) port (located on the rear panel).
- Rear-access cabling.
- Front-panel appliance LEDs:
For a description of the LEDs, see CSACS-1121 Appliance Front-Panel View.
For a description of the LEDs, see CSACS-1121 Appliance Back-Panel View
- The CSACS-1121 appliance is normally shipped with a rack-mount hardware kit which includes either brackets or rails that allow the CSACS-1121 to be positioned in a 4-post equipment rack. For more information, see Chapter4, “Installing the Cisco 1121 Secure Access Control System Hardware”
The serial number label is located on the front panel of the CSACS-1121 Series appliance, at the lower Left. Figure 2-2 shows the location of this label.
Search results show an illustration of your product with the serial number label location highlighted. Locate the serial number label on your product and record the information before you place a service call.
- CSACS-1121 Appliance Front-Panel View
- CSACS-1121 Appliance Back-Panel View
- Input/Output Ports and Connectors
- Power-control button
- Reset button
- Two USB 2.0 ports
- CD-eject button
- Various LEDs (appliance and CD drive)
Figure 2-3 shows the components of the front panel.
The following table describes the callouts in Figure 2-3.
Table 2-1 describes the LEDs located on the front panel of the CSACS-1121 Series appliance.
- AC power connector
- Serial connector
- One Video connector
- Four Ethernet (RJ-45) connectors
- Two USB 2.0 ports
- Ethernet LEDs
Figure 2-4 shows the components of the back panel.
The locations of the rack-mounting brackets are also shown on the left and right sides of the appliance. (See Rack-Mounting Configuration Guidelines for instructions on how to install the mounting brackets.)
The following table describes the callouts in Figure 2-4.
- Two Gigabit Ethernet ports (on the rear panel)
- One serial port (on the rear panel)
- One parallel port (on the rear panel)
- USB 2.0 ports (2 on the front panel, 2 on the rear panel)
Warning To avoid electric shock, do not connect safety extra-low voltage (SELV) circuits to telephone-network voltage (TNV) circuits. LAN ports contain SELV circuits, and WAN ports contain TNV circuits. Some LAN and WAN ports both use RJ-45 connectors. Use caution when connecting cables. Statement 1021
For more information, see Obtaining Documentation and Submitting a Service Request.